The Various Uses Of Powerpoint Org Chart Templates in Business Presentation
- To showcase the flow of roles and responsibilities
- To visualize a business organization's functions.
- To break down the hierarchy of an organization
- To figure out resource planning and workforce planning
Different Types Of Organization Charts?
There are various types of org charts-
- Line Organizational Structure Chart: The line organization chart simplifies and clarifies responsibility, accountability, and authority. In a line organization, authority follows a chain of command.
- Matrix Org Chart: This type of organization chart showcases the interconnection of departments and teams.
- Flat Team Structure Org Chart: Flat org structures reduce unnecessary layers of managers and improve coordination and productivity. It also helps quicker decision-making.
- Hierarchy Chart: It showcases the chain of command in which the workflow goes from the top to down.
The Most Commonly Used Powerpoint Org Chart templates are:
In business presentations, the most often used organizational chart powerpoint templates are hierarchical charts and flat charts. Hierarchical is the most common, and it shows the ranking based on role in the company in descending vertical order. A flat org chart places all individuals on the same level and helps improve decision-making ability.
The Key Elements Of An Org Chart are:
- Departmentalization - Departments are often a group of workers with the same overall functions. They are usually broken down into broad categories such as functional, teams, customer needs, location, etc.
- Chain of Command - It shows who reports to who in the company's human resources structure. It helps to eliminate the inefficiencies and streamlines business operations and communications for a more efficient and productive business.
- Span of Control - The span of control is the organizational element that considers the number of employees controlled by any manager. There is no limit to the number of people one person can oversee and supervise. It depends on many factors like workforce size, departments, business goals, etc.
- Centralization and Decentralization - Centralization or decentralization decides who makes the decisions in the company. In the centralized structure, c level managers at the top of the chart take all the decisions. In a decentralized structure, all levels of management are involved while making any decision.
- Work Specialization - Work specialization helps in assigning specific tasks/roles to employees. It is based on an employee's work experience, education, and skills.
- Formalization of Elements - Formalization elements determine management’s culture, procedures, rules, and guidelines.