Powerpoint presentations consist of slides that match the content the presenters want to convey to their listeners. It may occasionally be necessary to save specific images from PowerPoint presentations to use them for the intended purpose. Using an application, you can swiftly process and create a PPT slide and save it as an image for a required presentation. While using such third-party applications, it is vital to ensure compatibility, as specific devices require the assistance of a third-party application, like PPTX viewer, to access PPTX files.
In this article, you will profit from learning how to save PowerPoint slide as image using the quick and easy techniques listed below.
Methods To Save Powerpoint Slide as Image In Windows
You can maintain the visual appeal of your presentation in many ways by exporting PowerPoint slides as photos. This section will walk you through a detailed procedure to ensure that every piece of your content is preserved in vivid clarity. These instructions will enable you to quickly produce excellent images from your PPT slides, regardless of whether your goal is to share individual slides or turn your entire presentation into a visual masterpiece:
Method 1: Save PowerPoint Slide as Image
- Open PowerPoint and go to the File tab. After selecting Export, click Change File Type. Then, click the Save As option.
- Now, select a location where you save the slide and give the file a name. Click Tools and select Compress Pictures to save up some space. Confirm that the option labeled “Delete cropped areas of pictures” is checked. Next, select Web Resolution to make those images smaller.
- It will save the images in a smaller format to prevent the final JPEG images from being excessively huge.
- Hit Save now. You can find a JPEG file for every slide in the presentation by going to the folder where we saved it.
- You can transmit these files to view the presentation on any device that supports JPEGs.
With this simple export option, you can get your presentation to function on any device or with any software.
Method 2: Export PowerPoint Slide to an Image
- Launch your PowerPoint presentation first. Select the slide that you want to export as a picture. Depending on your need, this could be one or a series of slides.
- Select the “File” tab by navigating to the upper-left corner of the screen. There will be a drop-down menu. From the options, pick the “Save As” option.
- A dropdown option labeled “Save as” is located beneath the location bar. To view a list of supported formats, click this dropdown menu. Select the file type for your images, such as PNG or JPEG.
- Different quality options are available in many formats. To balance file size and image clarity, select the option that best meets your requirements.
- After deciding on the format and quality options, click “Save” to store the high-quality image of your PowerPoint slide at the designated place.
These easy-to-follow instructions will help you turn your PowerPoint content into visually striking graphics that you can share, print, or use in various applications.
Visit SlideUpLift for the Best PowerPoint Presentation Templates.
Method 3: Save PowerPoint Slides as Images Using Google Slides
- Google Slides provides an alternative solution if you lack access to PowerPoint or a Microsoft account.
- Open your PowerPoint file within the Google Slides interface.
- Navigate to the “File” menu and select “Download” in the Google Slides application.
- Choose your preferred output format for the conversion process, including PNG, JPG, or SVG.
- Save the existing slide as an image through Google Slides.
Visit SlideUpLift for the Best Google Slides Templates.
Methods To Save Powerpoint Slide as Image In macOS
Below are the 2 methods with which you can easily save your PowerPoint slide as an image on MacOS:
Method 1: Save PowerPoint slide As Image
- Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- Open the slide you wish to save in Normal view.
- Click the File menu and choose Export.
- Choose your preferred image format (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, or BMP) under File Format.
- Select ‘Save Current Slide Only’. Additionally, you can specify the dimensions of your slide image in the Width and Height boxes.
- Choose the location where you want to save the image and click “Save”.
Method 2: Screenshot
- Display the PowerPoint slide you want to capture.
- Use the keyboard shortcut Command + Shift + 4. It will change the cursor to a crosshair.
- Press the Spacebar. The cursor will change to a camera icon.
- Move the camera icon over the PowerPoint window to highlight it.
- Click to capture the screenshot. The screenshot will be saved to your desktop by default.
While saving PowerPoint slides as images can be a convenient way to share or use specific visuals, there are some limitations associated with this process:
- You can’t alter individual elements like text, shapes, or charts once a PowerPoint slide has been saved as an image.
- File sizes for images can get huge, especially when they are high definition. It might be a problem because it can use more internet speed and disc space when sharing or storing several photos.
- For certain PowerPoint versions, there is a maximum DPI limit to consider when you specify the ExportBitmapResolution registry value. The slide size affects the maximum DPI. For example, for a standard 13.3″ x 7.5″ slide, the equation would be: sqrt(100,000,000 / (13.333 * 7.5) ) = 1000.
- The chosen image format and settings may cause a loss of resolution, which could lead to a decline in the image quality. Consider this if you want to print your images.
This ends our thorough tutorial on how to save a PowerPoint slide as an image. Regardless of your approach, remember to organize your stored slides and consider file size carefully.
How to export high-resolution images from PowerPoint?
To export high-resolution images from PowerPoint, open your presentation and go to the desired slide. Click on “File,” select “Export,” and choose an image format (such as PNG or JPEG) while ensuring a high resolution before saving.
Does it affect the resolution of the Image?
Yes, be mindful of file sizes and resolution, especially when saving multiple slides. Consider the resolution and compression settings to balance image quality and file size.
Can I export PowerPoint slide as image directly to a specific folder?
Yes, you can export ppt slide as image by specifying the destination folder where you want to save the images. This allows for easy organization and retrieval.
Can I convert slides into PDFs too?
Using PDF software, you can convert slides into PDF files. Many presentation tools, such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, and Adobe Acrobat, can save or export presentations as PDF files. When saving or exporting, select the “Save As” or “Export” option, choose PDF from the file format list, and provide additional settings if necessary.
What are the different Image file types I can Save?
You can save your image file in multiple formats. The most common formats or file types used are JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, and GIF.