What is a Timeline PowerPoint Template?
A Timeline PowerPoint Template is one of the most powerful tools that visually presents information about a project, product roadmaps, their schedules, the sequence of business processes or planned strategy in professional presentations. A timeline slide creatively showcases key milestones and events of a company or product over a particular time period.
Where can I use Timeline PowerPoint templates?
Timeline templates are best used to visualize complex information in an easy way so that it becomes understandable. They are great for story-telling and are majorly used for projects and processes that deal with visual chronological illustrations. You can use a Timeline Template to:
- Give a quick rundown of events
- Present an agenda or a roadmap towards the goal
- Emphasize important dates and time
What are the different types of Timeline PowerPoint Templates?
Timeline Templates can be categorized on the basis of their structure-orientation:
- Horizontal Timeline Templates: This layout is best to demonstrate 6-7 events or points and with brief descriptions of each in a page-wide horizontal format
- Vertical Timeline Templates: This is a flexible format of timeline representation that is easy to follow and is best used to demonstrate a lot of events or milestones with long descriptions in vertical flow. It has two main types:
- Centered Vertical Timelines: A Centered Vertical Timeline runs right down the center of the page, with branches coming off its either side and is best-used to present a lot of points or events that are either - text and graphics
- Left-aligned Vertical Timelines: A left-aligned vertical timeline is a layout in which the timeline is aligned to the left side and all of the branches come off towards the right side of the page. It is best for a text-heavy content, with few graphics but lots of divisions
- Snake Timeline Templates: In this layout, the timeline runs from one corner across the opposite corner of the page resembling a snake-like figure. It is best for representing a lot of events or points though with less text
- Roadmap Timeline Templates: It allows you to map your plan and key milestones for product development, marketing strategy or your business sales
- Customer/Product Journey Timeline Templates: It helps you to visually demonstrate how your customers are interacting with your company or how is your productâ€™s performance in the market
- Event Timeline Templates: These templates highlight all the major dates and deadlines in a single slide and helps to keep track of all major milestones of an event
Other PowerPoint Timeline examples are:
- Day Planning Timeline Templates to prepare daily plans and goals
- Weekly Calendar Timeline Templates to prepare weekly plans and goals
- Monthly or Quarterly Timeline Templates to set up monthly/ Quarterly action plans and goals
- Annual or Yearly Timeline Templates to demonstrate the annual progression of a company or a business
- Gantt Charts to represent scheduled tasks and project timelines For a wide range of Gantt Charts, you can check out our Gantt Chart PowerPoint Templates
How do I make a timeline template in powerpoint?
You can download pre-designed creative timeline templates from SlideUpLift. We have created a vast collection of timeline templates. But if you want to create a timeline from scratch, here are the steps.
To create a timeline in PowerPoint:
- On the Insert tab, click SmartArt.
- Pick a timeline design from the gallery that appears. On the slide, a text editor opens next to the graphic so you can add text to the graphic.
- In the text editor, enter the dates and descriptions, and then press Enter.
Check out a detailed article on How to create a timeline in PowerPoint.
What is the purpose of the timeline template?
A timeline presentation template is a multipurpose tool that can be applied to a large number of spheres. The Timelines serve as one of the primary business tools for managing and tracking the workflow and making it more effective. The main objective of a timeline is to demonstrate a sequence of actions or events within a specific time interval. Although timelines can cover a long period of time, it is not very detailed. Nevertheless, you can add images, data, or figures to showcase the continuity or progression of the activities. Check this creative collection of Timeline templates.
How do I make an animated timeline in PowerPoint?
- Start by inserting a horizontal line stretching over the slide in the PowerPoint from the Insert menu.
- Click on the arrow at the bottom right in the Format > Shape Styles menu; you can open the formatting panel with settings (e.g., color, thickness).
- Insert vertical lines and add a time label (e.g., 2020) for each line using a text field. Then select any of the vertical lines and the corresponding text field and click on Group in the right-click menu.
- Next, add another line and a circle and insert a description above or next to the circle.
Now select the text in the circle and the circle itself and choose Group from the right-click menu. Do the same with the text next to it. In the next step, select the horizontal line
- At last, click on Animations in the menu, and then select Wipe as animation. By default, the animation is top-down, you can also play with the details for a more customized experience.
To learn more about how to make a creative timelines and see PowerPoint Timeline examples, read 7+ Creative Timeline Templates Plus Tips And Examples