What is Flowchart?
Flowchart diagrams are used to represent a process or series of steps. Also, you can showcase the activities, choices, precedence, order, parallelism, and of course the relationships between them using flowchart PowerPoint templates. SlideUpLift offers a wide range of free flow chart templates that are simple to use and easy to modify.
Where Can Flow Chart Templates Be Used?
Flow chart PowerPoint templates can be used to highlight multiple business processes. Below are a few uses of Flow chart slides:
- Show continuous improvement process flow
- Plan specific sales processes
- Outline the hiring process of a company
- Illustrate a customers journey
- Showcase various business processes
- Strategize a process for maximum efficiency and ROI
- To understand inefficient steps in a process
- To manage workflow
What Is The Purpose Of A Flow Chart?
The process flow chart template is a visual representation of a business process or any workflow.
- It helps to develop a clear understanding of how a process is executed.
- It helps to identify the improvement areas in the process.
- It is easier to communicate or showcase the complex workflow or a process.
- It is easier to document the complex workflow or business process in detail.
What Should Be Included In A Process Flow Diagram?
A process flow generally includes,
- A sequence of actions and events,
- Elements entering or leaving the process (inputs and outputs),
- Shapes and Symbols to show decisions to be made for the process to continue,
- External factors, if any,
- The time required at each step and/or process measurements.
How Do You Create A Process Flow?
To create a process flow template, follow the steps below to not lose out on any details:
- Step 1: Figure out boundaries and purpose
- Where or when does the process start?
- Where or when does the process stop?
- Step 2: Determine and sequence or flow of the steps
- Step 3: Draw a basic flowchart using the symbols
- Step 4: Finalize the process flowchart
- Review the flowchart with other stakeholders, team members, etc.
What are the different types of flowcharts?
There are various types of flowcharts used by professionals. Some most popular flow chart presentation templates are listed below:
- Document Flow Charts: It helps to understand, analyze, document, and improve various work processes inside an organization.
- Data Flow Charts: Data flowcharts are a graphical representation of the “flow” of data. It is also known as Data Flow Diagram (DFD).
- System Flow Charts: It is used to showcase how data flows inside a system and the execution of decisions to control events.
- Program Flow Charts: It is used to visualize the internal workings of a modern computerized system.
- Swimlane Flow Chart: It describes who does what in a specific process.
- Event-Driven Process Chain Flow Chart: EPC flowchart provides business process modeling.