Learn how to make a cool filmstrip effect. A PowerPoint Timeline Template need not be boring. This tutorial explains step-by-step instructions to create a cool Filmstrip timeline template in minutes. An excellent presentation is one that conveys your idea thoroughly and, at the same time, engages the audience visually. Timelines are often a part of business presentations, and most timelines presented in a business presentation are a boring list of events in a sequence. These timelines can be shown in a better and more engaging format using filmstrips.
Filmstrips convey the information in a storytelling format, which is more likely to be retained by the audience for a long. The filmstrip effect can be used in various business presentations to showcase timelines, stages, processes, and a sequence of events over time. Filmstrip timelines act as a visual hook to hold the photos and stories together. Since visuals convey the idea better than words, the message gets retained by the audience.
Here is an example of a creative pre-designed Filmstrip Template:
Steps to make Filmstrip in PowerPoint:
- Step 1 – Insert Rectangle shape and elongate
- Step 2 – Insert another rectangle/square shape and position it inside the previous shape
- Step 3 – Resize the newly added shape to make the borders of the filmstrip
- Step 4 – Duplicate the small rectangles to make multiple copies – CTRL+D
- Step 5 – Select the small rectangles and align them in a line
- Step 6 – Now Select all the shapes > Arrange > Align > Distribute Horizontally
- Step 7 – Copy the small rectangles series, duplicate it to position it on the other side of the film strip.
- Step 8 – Select both the series, Shape Format > Merge shapes > Combine
- Step 9 – Fill color in the strip as per your choice. Shape Format > Shape Fill
- Step 10 – Now insert images or rectangle shapes as per your choice inside the strip in a sequence.
Watch this video tutorial to get a detailed idea:
In our series of PowerPoint Tutorials and Hacks, we try to explain some essential PowerPoint tips which help solve the various challenges faced while making a presentation.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more such PowerPoint Tutorials.