Using Google Slides for professional presentations is gaining momentum in corporate as it allows easy sharing and real-time editing. But if you wish to present your PDF as a Google Slides, you can choose to convert the PDF to Google Slides using online and Google tools.
Converting a PDF directly to Google Slides isn’t feasible as Google Slides operates as an online presentation service rather than a file format. Whether you’re aiming to integrate specific data or the entire content from a PDF into your Google Slides presentation, there are accessible methods to achieve this. This blog delves into three effective techniques to convert PDFs into Google Slides presentations.
How to Convert a PDF to Google Slides?
Although you can easily convert a Google Slides presentation to a PDF, Google doesn’t offer any tool to convert PDF or any other document to Google Slides. If you have a PDF ready you wish to present, you can easily do it in a professional manner by using online tools. There are three ways to convert a PDF to Google Slides:
- Convert PDF > PowerPoint > Google Slides Online
- PDF to Image conversion
- Share PDF as a Link in Google Slides presentation
Method 1: Convert PDF > PowerPoint > Google Slides Online
You can convert your PDF document to a PowerPoint file and later open it in Google Slides to present online. Several programs can be used for this, including the online PDF converter CloudConvert.
Even though there isn’t a PDF to Google Slides converter, CloudConvert is probably one of the best solutions for the purpose.
Follow the steps below to convert PDF to Google Slides by converting it to PowerPoint first:
- Go on a CloudConvert webpage and select the PDF you wish to convert into Google Slides.
- Go to the Presentation menu and choose PPT or PPTX to convert PDF to PowerPoint.
- Your chosen input would be PDF, and the result would be a PPT or PPTX version of a PDF.
- Make sure to save output files to the Google Drive checkbox so that your file can be opened immediately in Google Slides. For the conversion to start, click “Convert”.
- Click “Download” once the conversion is complete. Or select the “Open in Google Drive” option on the site.
- Upload the downloaded file to Google Drive and open the PPT file.
Your PPT file will be opened in Google Slides presentation once it is uploaded on Google Drive. This way you can convert your PDF slides to Google Slides online.
Method 2: PDF to Image Conversion
You can convert the PDF to Google Slides by converting the PDF into images and then insert them into Google Slides if you don’t want to change the text:
- Convert your files to an image format using a PDF-to-image conversion application like Adobe PDF or any other online software.
- If you’re using Adobe Acrobat, go to File > Save as to save PDF pages in a JPEG image format.
- If you are doing it online using websites, you can simply upload your PDF on the site, and convert it into image(s).
- Open your Google Slides presentation.
- Select “Insert” > “Image.” Add the files from your PC. If the files are stored online, you can also retrieve them using Google Drive or another online source.
- Select which pages to include in your Google Slides presentation and insert them.
Note: The image files can be shrunk to fit more content instead of just being utilized as a single slide. For instance, if you need to extract a diagram from a PDF file, all you have to do is choose the page that contains the diagram and include it in your slides with a title and description that applies to it.
Now, your PDF is being saved as images and then later uploaded on your Google Slides presentation.
READ MORE: How to Lock Image in Google Slides?
Method 3: Share PDF as a Link
Inserting the PDF file as a link to Google Slides presentation is another technique to convert PDF to Google Slides. Just follow these steps:
- Select the PDF or slides you wish to include in the Google Slides presentation. You can also add one Google Slides presentation into another presentation by inserting the PDF link. Open Google Slides presentation to select “File” > “Download” > “PDF Document.”
- Once the PDF is downloaded, upload the PDF to your Google Drive.
- Open the file and click on the three dots on top right corner and select “Share.”
- Change the settings from “Restricted” to “Anyone with the link” and copy the link.
- Paste the link on the Google Slides presentation you wish to include this PDF. You can use it as a hyperlink on the elements on your slides including images, text boxes, etc.
- Alternatively, you can share the link with your peers or colleagues.
Now, you can share your Google Slides presentation in a PDF format with your colleagues using a link.
Using the above methods, you can now convert a PDF to Google Slides to make your findings and data look more polished and professional. With the help of Google Drive conversion, or online tools, you now have a clear roadmap to transform PDF content into engaging Google Slides presentations.
Now that you have learnt how to convert a PDF to Google Slides presentation, it’s time to put your skills to test and boast in front of your peers by exploring our vast gallery of Google Slides templates. If you wish to learn more of such tips and hacks to master the art of Google Slides presentation, check out our Google Slides tutorials.
Can I convert a PDF without losing formatting to Google Slides?
The formatting may change if you convert a PDF to Google Slides by turning it to a PPT file, but you can easily make changes to alter the layout back in Google Slides. You should convert the PDF to pictures to preserve the formatting and then import the photos into Google Slides.
How to convert PDF to Google Slides on Mac?
Use Cloud Converter or another online converter for Mac to convert a PDF to PPT or images, as and then later converted in Google Slides presentation as mentioned in the blog. Additionally, it can convert PDF to Word, Excel, and other formats. After conversion, the PDF file can be added to and utilized in Google Slides.
How can I enable editing of a PDF in Google Slides?
Making changes in a PDF you wish to present on Google Slides is easy. Follow these steps:
- Convert the PDF to PPT file.
- Make all the changes as per your requirements.
- Open the file in Google Slides by uploading it on Google Drive.
- You can further make edits in real-time, once opened in Google Slides.
How do I upload a PDF to Google Drive?
Follow these steps to upload a PDF to Google Drive:
- Open Google Drive
- Click the “+” New icon.
- Click “File Upload” to choose files to upload PDF files.
In addition to PDF, you can also upload Word, Excel, PPT, pictures, and other file types to Google Drive.
Is there any free PDF editor available?
Although you may install third-party PDF editor extensions for Google Chrome, Google does not provide a free PDF editor. A desktop PDF editor is the most reliable way to edit PDF files.