How do you write a business presentation?
The success of a business presentation majorly depends on how it is written. To write an effective business PowerPoint presentation that sells, follow these four steps-
- WHO - Knowing your target audience is the key step in making your PowerPoint presentation. The more you find out about your audience, the more you can adapt your message to the interests, values, beliefs, and language level of the target audience.
- WHAT - Once you are clear on who you are delivering to, the next important question is, what exactly do you want to deliver. The message is the key. You should be absolutely clear on your objective, and what is the key message you want the audience to take away with them.
- WHERE - The place of presentation affects the presentation design heavily. The presentation might look totally different in the place you are presenting in. The screen size, size of the room, lighting in the room, etc. affect how your business presentation looks to your audience.
While building your content for business presentation, remember to -
- Write Key Phrases- Avoid using long wordy sentences in your presentation. You can just put the key phrases that are relevant to your topic of presentation. It is best to show key points in a bulleted list for easy and quick reading.
- Use Formal Business Tone- Never use a casual, conversational tone in a business presentation. Instead, write your presentation in a formal and professional tone with due consideration for your audience.
- Be Clear and Concise- Be direct and to the point, don’t mess up with too much complexity, and avoid excessive use of adjectives.
- Avoid Grammar and Spelling Errors- These kinds of errors, when spotted in a business presentation, immediately give the reader or the audience a negative impression.
Check out this detailed article on The Three Checks Of An Effective PowerPoint Presentation.
What are the types of business presentations?
Companies utilize business presentations when communicating to their employees or clients. But the purpose of the presentation can vary. It can be used to simply inform or train their employees, or to present a long-term business strategy. Business presentations can be of many types, below are the common ones-
- Persuasive - This type of presentation is often used to persuade clients or customers about a product or proposal. It generally includes case studies and companies’ success stories.
- Administrative - Usually delivered by business officials to senior company officials, executives in order to justify policy decisions or performance.
- Introduction - The main purpose of this type of business presentation is to give information about a product, company policies, etc. HR presentations such as employee orientation are introductory presentations.
What is the importance of a business presentation?
Business presentations are the default medium of communication in the business world. Businesses primarily use business presentations to share information, persuade senior management or clients for their business case or provide training and orientation to their employees. Business PowerPoint Presentations are commonly used to showcase Market and Competitive Information, Company Performance, New Products, Customer Information, etc.
Where can I download a free business presentation?
SlideUpLift has created a free business presentation for professionals to design their business impact presentation using this complete presentation deck. This COVID-19 business impact theme can be used as a change management presentation to showcase various aspects such as demand and supply impact, financial impact, and mitigation plan. The presentation also includes different COVID-19 related shapes and icons for PowerPoint. Also, check out the Premium Collection of business PowerPoint presentations.