How do you create a puzzle piece in PowerPoint?
For a short, step-by-step tutorial on how to make a puzzle piece in PowerPoint, check out the blog on creating a puzzle piece in PowerPoint
. We have also outlined the steps in detail below for you to get started.
- Click the toggle down option near the Shapes tab to reveal more powerpoint shape options and click on the first option under the category of Rectangles. Draw a square. Then chose an Oval under the category of Basic Shapes. Draw a circle. Now you have two shapes in front of you; a square and a circle.
- The next step is to remove the outlines of both the Rectangle and the circle. We do this to ensure a seamless overlay of the circle over the square. To do so, right-click on any one of the shapes and click on Outline to reveal more options and then click on No Outline. Repeat the process on the other remaining shape.
- The next step is to place both the shapes in a way that resembles a jigsaw. First, resize the circle (which will function as the notch of the jigsaw) as per your need and then place it on either the left or right side of the square. Make sure half of the circle is inside the square. This circle will function as the notch of your jigsaw piece, and it is for you to decide whether you want the notch to be on the left or right side. In this example, we are choosing the right.
- After achieving the above results, press ctrl (on Mac) + D to duplicate the circle and drag and drop it on the square's left side.
- Press Ctrl and select the square and then select the circle on the left, go to Shape Format - Merge Shapes to reveal more options, click on Subtract. Select the square again, select the right circle with it, barring the left, go to Shape Format - Merge Shapes - Union. Your result should look something like this.
To avoid such lengthy and time-consuming ways of making Puzzle Piece Templates, check out our extensive collection, consisting of small as-well-as large puzzle piece templates ranging from 5 and 6 Piece Puzzle Templates to 16 and 24 Piece Puzzle Templates. We also offer thousands of templates and powerpoint icons
of various other themes like Finance, Marketing, and HR. Try us now for a hassle-free presentation-making experience.
Where can you get a free Puzzle Piece Template for PowerPoint?
You can download our absolutely free Puzzle Piece Template and Puzzle Piece Template which is 100% editable and can also be used as a Google Slides template
How to create a jigsaw puzzle from a picture in PowerPoint?
To create a jigsaw puzzle from a picture in Powerpoint, follow these simple steps:
- Click the toggle-down option near the Shapes tab to reveal more shape options and click on the first option under the category of Rectangles. Draw a square. Make sure that both the length and breadth of the shape is the same. Chose Oval under the category of Basic Shapes. Draw a circle, such that it functions as the notch of the puzzle piece. Now you have two shapes in front of you; a rectangle and a circle.
- Click and drag the circle to the right side of the square. Place it such that it lies on the border, in the center, with of the portion sticking out. Select the circle, press ctrl + D to make a duplicate of the same. Click and drag the circle to the bottom of the square. Place it just like the previous circle but with of the portion sticking out.
- Select the square and the circle on the bottom while pressing ctrl (on Mac) and go to Shape Format - Merge Shapes - Subtract. Select the square and the circle on the right while pressing ctrl (on Mac) and go to Shape Format - Merge Shapes - Union. The resulting shape would resemble a jigsaw piece with one notch on the right side and one cut-out on the bottom.
- Make 3 copies of the jigsaw piece by pressing ctrl + D 3 times. Align the 4 shapes as you would, when solving a jigsaw puzzle. Now you have a 4 piece puzzle in front of you. To convert this into a picture puzzle, follow the remaining steps.
- Choose and insert a picture of your choice, preferably with an aspect ratio of 1:1 i.e., a square. If not, convert your picture into a square by going to Picture Format - Crop - Aspect Ratio - 1:1.
- Place your picture on the puzzle such that the top-left corners of both the items overlap each other. While pressing the shift key, increase/decrease the size of the image to exactly match the puzzle.
- After ensuring that both the items are of the same size, drag the image and place it alongside the puzzle. Drag the top-left piece of the puzzle and place it over the top-left side of the image, such that the corners of the items are aligned perfectly. While pressing the ctrl key, select the image and the puzzle piece and go to Shape Format - Merge Shapes - Intersect. Repeat the process for all the remaining three pieces, after which your image would be converted into a four-piece puzzle.
What is a jigsaw puzzle?
A jigsaw puzzle is a type of puzzle which consists of several interlocking pieces which are used to form a complete powerpoint image
. A jigsaw puzzle happens to be a great way of expressing your ideas, strategies, and other processes in a Powerpoint presentation as it lets you explain how they come together and form a cohesive plan. Use our puzzle piece templates to explain the interrelatedness and dependency of different ideas in your presentation.