What is a Timeline PowerPoint Template?
A Timeline PowerPoint Template is one of the most powerful tools that visually presents information about a project, product roadmaps, their schedules, the sequence of business processes or planned strategy in professional presentations. A timeline slide creatively showcases key milestones and events of a company or product over a particular time period.
Where can I use Timeline PowerPoint templates?
Timeline templates are best used to visualize complex information in an easy way so that it becomes understandable. They are great for story-telling and are majorly used for projects and processes that deal with visual chronological illustrations. You can use a Timeline Template to:
- Give a quick rundown of events
- Present an agenda or a roadmap towards the goal
- Emphasize important dates and time
What are the different types of Timeline PowerPoint Templates?
Timeline Templates can be categorized on the basis of their structure-orientation:
- Horizontal Timeline Templates: This layout is best to demonstrate 6-7 events or points and with brief descriptions of each in a page-wide horizontal format
- Vertical Timeline Templates: This is a flexible format of timeline representation that is easy to follow and is best used to demonstrate a lot of events or milestones with long descriptions in vertical flow. It has two main types:
- Centered Vertical Timelines: A Centered Vertical Timeline runs right down the center of the page, with branches coming off its either side and is best-used to present a lot of points or events that are either - text and graphics
- Left-aligned Vertical Timelines: A left-aligned vertical timeline is a layout in which the timeline is aligned to the left side and all of the branches come off towards the right side of the page. It is best for a text-heavy content, with few graphics but lots of divisions
- Snake Timeline Templates: In this layout, the timeline runs from one corner across the opposite corner of the page resembling a snake-like figure. It is best for representing a lot of events or points though with less text
- Roadmap Timeline Templates: It allows you to map your plan and key milestones for product development, marketing strategy or your business sales
- Customer/Product Journey Timeline Templates: It helps you to visually demonstrate how your customers are interacting with your company or how is your product’s performance in the market
- Event Timeline Templates: These templates highlight all the major dates and deadlines in a single slide and helps to keep track of all major milestones of an event
Other PowerPoint Timeline examples are:
Day Planning Timeline Templates to prepare daily plans and goals
Weekly Calendar Timeline Templates to prepare weekly plans and goals
Monthly or Quarterly Timeline Templates to set up monthly/ Quarterly action plans and goals
Annual or Yearly Timeline Templates to demonstrate the annual progression of a company or a business
Gantt Charts to represent scheduled tasks and project timelines For a wide range of Gantt Charts, you can check out our Gantt Chart PowerPoint Templates
To learn more about how to make a creative timelines and see PowerPoint Timeline examples, read 7+ Creative Timeline Templates Plus Tips And Examples