Where Can Flow Chart Templates Be Used?
A flowchart powerpoint can be used to highlight multiple business processes. Below are the few uses of flow chart templates:
- Show continuous improvement process flow
- Plan specific sales processes
- Outline the hiring process of a company
- Illustrate a customers journey
- Showcase various business processes
- Strategize a process for maximum efficiency and ROI
- To understand inefficient steps in a process
- To manage workflow
What Is The Purpose Of A Flow Chart?
The Powerpoint flowchart template is a visual representation of a business process or any workflow.
- It helps to develop a clear understanding of how a process is executed.
- It helps to identify the improvement areas in the process.
- It is easier to communicate or showcase the complex workflow or a process.
- It is easier to document the complex workflow or business process in detail.
What Should Be Included In A Process Flow Diagram?
A process flow generally includes,
- A sequence of actions and events,
- Elements entering or leaving the process (inputs and outputs),
- Shapes and Symbols to show decisions to be made for the process to continue,
- External factors, if any,
- The time required at each step and/or process measurements.
How Do You Create A Process Flow?
To create a process flow diagram, follow the steps below to not lose out on any details:
- Step 1: Figure out boundaries and purpose
- Where or when does the process start?
- Where or when does the process stop?
- Step 2: Determine and sequence or flow of the steps
- Step 3: Draw a basic flowchart using the symbols
- Step 4: Finalize the process flowchart
- Review the flowchart with other stakeholders, team members, etc.
Types of flowcharts
There are various types of flowcharts used by professionals. Some most popular are listed below:
- Document Flowcharts: It helps to understand, analyze, document, and improve various work processes inside an organization.
- Data Flowcharts: Data flowcharts are a graphical representation of the “flow” of data. It is also known as Data Flow Diagram (DFD).
- System Flowcharts: It is used to showcase how data flows inside a system and the execution of decisions to control events.
- Program Flowcharts: It is used to visualize the internal workings of a modern computerized system.
- Swimlane Flowchart: It describes who does what in a specific process.
- Event-Driven Process Chain Flowchart: EPC flowchart provides business process modeling.