Microsoft PowerPoint is a popular tool for creating presentations. A background in your PPT can significantly enhance the overall visual appeal of the presentation. Knowing that the right background in your presentations can create a larger impact and help the audience understand your content better.
The background in PowerPoint sets the tone for the entire presentation. A cluttered background might distract your audience. Even the best-written content might be affected due to a cluttered background. So, it is important to know how to edit background graphics in PowerPoint to add visual interest, highlight key points, and create a cohesive look that ties your presentation together.
There are certain advantages and disadvantages to edit background in PowerPoint:
|A well-designed background helps give the presentation a polished and unified feel.
|Overly complex or visually busy background graphics may make it harder for the audience to engage with the content.
|Text or images can be made more noticeable by setting them against a contrasting background.
|Problems with compatibility can arise if the selected background doesn’t appear well while presenting.
|An easy-on-the-eyes background can keep your audience hooked.
|It might be challenging for the audience to pay attention if the background is excessively cluttered.
|Adjusting the presentation background can make it more flexible for use in various situations and front of multiple audiences.
|Working with intricate background graphics can impact the PowerPoint, leading to slower response times and potential lag.
If you’re looking out to know how to edit background graphics in PowerPoint, it’s essential to remember the audience’s wants and tastes when choosing a new background for a presentation. In addition to passing compatibility and accessibility tests, the backdrop must also be in keeping with the presenter’s or organization’s logo and message. Here are more details on how you can edit background graphics (PowerPoint).
How to Edit Background Graphics in PowerPoint?
PowerPoint provides a powerful platform for creating visually stunning slides. One way to elevate your presentations is to edit background graphics in PowerPoint. You can easily edit the background using these two methods:
- Apply Image to certain slides.
- Apply Image to all slides.
Here’s how to Edit Background Graphics In PowerPoint by Applying Image to Certain Slides
- Open the PowerPoint presentation and navigate to the specific slides where you want to apply a unique background image.
- Go to the “View” tab and select “Slide Sorter”. This view allows you to see thumbnails of all slides in your presentation.
- Hold down the “Ctrl” key on the slides to select multiple slides simultaneously.
- Right-click on one of the selected slides, choose “Format Background”, and then select the “Picture or texture fill” option.
- Click on the “Insert” button below the Picture Source. A new window with “From a File”, “Stock Images”, “Online Pictures”, and “From Icons” will appear. Choose the relevant option to insert the desired image for the selected slides.
- Customize the background image settings for the selected slides, adjusting size, position, transparency, or any other text formatting options.
- Once you’ve made the adjustments, click “Normal” in the menu tab and close the Format Background pane.
TIP: To make a watermark, go to the “Format Background” panel, move the transparency bar to the right, and change the opacity percentage.
Here’s how to Edit Background Graphics In PowerPoint by Applying Image to All Slides
If you wish to add a particular picture to all the slides, follow the steps below:
- Start by opening the PowerPoint presentation where you want to apply the background image to all slides.
- Go to the “View” tab on the ribbon and select “Slide Master”.
- In the Slide Master view, click on “Background Styles” > choose “Format Background” and select “Picture or texture fill”.
- Go to ‘Insert’ > Click the “From a File” button to insert the image you want as the background.
- Change the image in the background, resize, reposition, or format the image as needed.
- You can also adjust transparency, add artistic effects, or apply color corrections to achieve the desired visual appeal.
- Once done with editing, click on the “Close Master View” button and hit the “Apply to All” button to change the background on all slides.
This was how to edit background graphics in PowerPoint. By following these methods, you can easily apply background images to all or specific slides in your PowerPoint presentation, adding a personalized and visually appealing touch to your slides.
Different Background Formatting Options
Here are the difference types of background formatting options you can explore:
- Solid Fill: Solid fill lets you choose a solid color for the background of your slide. You can choose from the colors that have already been set or make your own.
- Gradient Fill: This option lets you choose a background for your slide with a gradient of two or more colors. You can choose the direction, angle, and color stops to change the gradient’s appearance.
- Picture Or Texture Fill: With this option, you can use a picture or texture as the background of your slide. You can choose from the images that are already there or upload your own. You can also change how clear the image or texture is.
- Pattern Fill: This option lets you choose the background pattern for your slide from a list of patterns already made. You can select the pattern’s foreground and background colors, as well as its angle and size.
- Hide Background Graphics: This option lets you hide the graphics in the slide’s background. This can help if your background is busy and you want your text to stand out more.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: How to change background on Google Slides?
In addition to these fill options, PowerPoint lets you add a watermark to the background of your slide. This can help you brand your presentation or add a subtle visual element. However, one must seriously consider the potential drawbacks, such as incorrect or obtrusive backgrounds, compatibility and accessibility concerns, and inconsistent branding.
The PowerPoint background should be chosen to enhance the presentation’s content. It should be aesthetically appealing and professional and not interfere with the audience’s ability to see the slides.
Save time with SlideUpLift’s PowerPoint Background Templates to create stunning presentations in no time. Download Now!
How do I edit background graphics in PowerPoint master?
To edit background graphics in PowerPoint, you must follow these steps:
Go to “View” > “Slide Master” > Select a background style from the left or use a custom image > Right-click on the background, “Format Background”, insert images and adjust the settings > Click “Close Master View” to apply changes to all slides.
How do I use my images as slide backgrounds in PowerPoint?
To use your own images as slide backgrounds in PowerPoint, follow these steps:
Go to “View” > “Slide Master” > Right-click > “Format Background” > “Picture or texture fill” > ” From a File” > Insert the image > Adjust settings as needed > “Close Master View”
What is the "Hide Background Graphics" option in PowerPoint used for?
You can utilize the “Hide Background Graphics” option in PowerPoint to conceal any graphics that are part of the theme background on your slides. It comes in handy when you want to preserve the layout and text formatting of a theme and want to remove any distracting or unnecessary images or graphics.
Where to find the best PowerPoint backgrounds and tempaltes?
There are an abundance of creative, multi-purpose backgrounds available on SlideUpLift, for all kinds of use. You can find multiple backgrounds and template options on SlideUpLift to suit your presentation needs.