Creating SWOT in PowerPoint and Google Slides is much easier than it looks. SWOT analysis is an effective tool that can be applied across various domains and is necessary for professional and personal growth. But before dwelling into how to make a SWOT analysis presentation in PowerPoint and Google Slides, let’s understand what SWOT analysis is.
SWOT analysis is used to measure the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats of a business. In addition to evaluating factors influencing goal attainment, it encompasses everything from products to industries. Understanding how to make a SWOT analysis presentation can be beneficial in shaping the success of any business.
What Is A SWOT Analysis Presentation?
SWOT analysis PowerPoint presentation is an effective framework to analyze what your organization does best now and devise a successful future strategy in front of your colleagues. By effectively explaining SWOT analysis in presentations, you can uncover areas of business that are holding you back or that your competitors could exploit if you don’t protect yourself.
In a SWOT analysis Presentation, strengths and weaknesses are labeled as internal factors, while opportunities and threats as external factors. Each slide represents the four aspects of SWOT. Strengths and weaknesses highlight the positive attributes and areas that need improvement. Identifying opportunities and threats can be used to create plans in potential areas and strategies to mitigate external risks.
Note: SWOT analysis in PowerPoint and Google Slides presentations can be used for achieving not only professional growth, but also tracking your personal growth. Knowing how to conduct personal SWOT analysis can do wonders for your career.
How to Create a SWOT Analysis in PowerPoint?
Creating a SWOT analysis in PowerPoint is very easy. Refer to the following step-by-step process on how to create a SWOT analysis in PowerPoint:
- Open PowerPoint presentation. Click the “Insert tab” and select “Charts”. Click on the “Pie” option.
- Right-click on the pie chart and choose “Edit Data” to open the Excel sheet. Set all values in “column B” to 1 to divide the pie equally. Close the Excel sheet and make sure you delete the Sales and quarters text boxes, leaving only the pie. The Sales column in Microsoft PowerPoint is the default setting. Make sure you change the format.
- Now, right-click on the pie shape and click “Format Data Series.” In the open window, set the “Pie Explosion” value to 4%.
- Select the pie chart and press “Ctrl+X” to cut it. Now, click “Paste Special” under the Home tab’s Paste drop-down and choose Picture (Enhanced Metafile).
- Right-click on the pasted pie, click the “Group menu,” and select “Ungroup” or use the shortcut “Ctrl+Shift+G.” Confirm the conversion to a Microsoft Office drawing object.
- Select each pie, right-click and click “Format Shape.” Under the “Line menu,” and then select “No line” to delete the outlines.
- Choose icons representing Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threat. Insert the SWOT analysis content into their respective pies as per your choice. Align the content next to the pies using the “Align command” in PowerPoint. And finally, use a background that suits your presentation to give it a professional look.
Although a SWOT analysis presentation in PowerPoint is less time-consuming for many people, professionals in business settings also use Google Slides extensively to access readability and visual appeal. Let’s understand how to make a SWOT Analysis presentation in Google Slides.
How to Make a SWOT Analysis in Google Slides?
Follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below on how to make a SWOT analysis in Google Slides to enhance your presentation:
- In the Google Slides interface, click on the “Blank” slide template to create a new slide.
- Click on the “Insert” tab in the top menu. Choose and select “Chart” from the drop-down menu. In the chart editor, click on “Chart type” and choose “Pie chart” from the options.
- Click on the “chart editor” pop-up below the pie. Or select the “linked chart” option to open a Google sheet. Click on the “Data” tab. Manually input your SWOT analysis data into the spreadsheet provided. Set the values in the “Sales” column and divide the pie chart equally into four parts and close the chart editor once you have entered the data.
- In the Chart Editor, click on the pie chart to select it. Use the resize options to adjust the chart size as per your preference. Customize the colors and styles of each pie slice to represent Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats distinctly.
- To visually represent each aspect of the SWOT analysis, you can add icons. Click on “Insert” and select “Image” to upload icons or images from your computer. Alternatively, you can use the “Explore” option to search for relevant icons directly from the Google Slides interface. Position the icons inside each pie slice accordingly.
- Click on “Insert” and choose “Text box” to add text boxes outside the pie chart. Label each text box briefly describing the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats.
- Format the text in the text boxes to ensure it is readable and visually appealing. And finally, customize the color and size of the icons to match the overall design.
Although creating a SWOT analysis in PowerPoint and Google Slides is easy, it can be time consuming. To make your process of creating SWOT analysis presentations easy and hassle free, explore our wide range of SWOT Analysis PowerPoint and Google Slides Templates.
Just adding SWOT analysis in your presentations won’t do justice if it’s not explained effectively. It is important to learn how to explain a SWOT analysis in a presentation as it would help you confidently showcase your business or personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats and strategic insights.
Why Is It Vital For A Company To Conduct SWOT Analysis?
SWOT analysis PowerPoint presentation helps companies explore the organization’s internal dynamics (Strengths & Weaknesses) and external factors (Opportunities & Threats) in the market. The framework in presentation slides assists professionals in making informed strategic decisions by gaining comprehensive insights into the company’s situation.
How To Present A SWOT Analysis In PowerPoint Presentations?
Presenting a SWOT analysis in a PowerPoint presentation is a compelling way to state the purpose and scope of the business.
- Start by explaining the objectives and an overview of the business.
- Discuss the prioritized Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats identified in your slides.
- Design the slides concise and engaging.
Access our vast library of SWOT analysis in PowerPoint and Google Slides templates to ease your next SWOT Analysis presentation.
What Is The Format For A SWOT Analysis Presentation?
The SWOT analysis presentation is a straightforward yet effective evaluation presentation model. SWOT analysis in PowerPoint presentation mainly consists of four main slides on Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. Each slide represents these aspects to understand your position and strategize for success. The final conclusion slide usually contains the strategies and the call for actionable measures.
What are the things to keep in mind while creating a SWOT analysis presentation template?
Here are the things to remember while creating a SWOT analysis presentation:
- Start with mentioning the clear objective for your analysis.
- Conduct thorough research.
- Make the separate slides to identify strengths and weaknesses in concise bullet points.
- Mention the list of potential threats in each slide and in conclusion.
- Make slides containing strategies to call out for action to your audience.