What is Project status?
A project status report is a document that summarizes a project's overall progress against the projected project plan. A project status report aims to keep all stakeholders informed of progress, mitigate issues before they arise, and ensure that the project will land within the designated time frame.
How do you write a project status report?
Points to write a project status report:
- Always include an introduction.
- Write a summary.
- Mention the timeline for the completion of the project.
- Elaborate on the Project budget status.
- Showcase the upcoming project milestones.
- Focus on action needed to be taken.
- Keep a check on project risks, issues, and mitigation plans.
What tips to include while writing a project report template?
- Keep your project report template short yet comprehensive with a focus on critical segments of the document
- Define your target audience.
- Make the report easy to read and presentable.
- Develop a top-down approached structure for your project report sample.
- Highlight the issues and risks in your project report document.
- Describe your project milestones.
- Include status summaries in each section of your project report to let stakeholders read through just a few sentences required for understanding the key point of the project.