If you use PowerPoint often to make professional presentations, you probably have realized that PowerPoint Library doesn’t have sufficient PowerPoint templates available for all types of presentation needs.
As it turns out, though, you can make your custom PowerPoint template at any time, so that when you need a similar presentation again, you just have to open the template. In this blog, we will learn how to create a PowerPoint template.
In this blog, we will discuss
What is a PowerPoint template?
A PowerPoint template is a blueprint of a slide or group of slides that we save as a .pptx file. Templates can contain layouts, color themes, backgrounds, fonts, shapes, and even content. You can create your presentation template and store and reuse them.
Why should you use a PowerPoint template?
- Once you learn how to create a PowerPoint template, you can make different presentation templates for different business needs ensuring that your presentation is never boring.
- You can save the PowerPoint presentation template and reuse it for as many presentations as you want.
- Custom PowerPoint templates are especially useful for bringing consistency in the presentations by companies. You can make a template library that fits your brand. Anyone in the company can use it, saving a lot of time and giving brand presentations a consistent and professional appearance.
We will explain below how to build a simple PowerPoint template that you can use to create your business presentations.
Above is an example of a simple PowerPoint template that can be used to create your brand presentations. We will create the same PowerPoint presentation template in this tutorial to explain to you the step-by-step process with screenshots. You will be able to create your own customer PowerPoint template for your brand for different presentation needs.
How to create a PowerPoint template?
- Open PowerPoint on your PC and choose a new, blank presentation.
- Click “Design” in the top navigation bar, and choose a theme. You can also customize your theme template using Format Background on the right.
- Now, in the “View” tab, select “Slide Master.” By doing this you will be able to view your master slide at all times, and how changes are made to all the slides.
- From here, you can edit anything in your PowerPoint template. For example, I have added two rectangular shapes and a logo using the Insert option.
Now that you have learned how to create a PowerPoint template and are satisfied with the design, it’s time to save it.
To save the template on your device:
- Go to “File” in the top navigation bar and click “Save As”, and click “Browse” to choose the location where you want to save it.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to “File Type”, and select “Powerpoint Template.” When you do this, your template will automatically be saved in the folder you chose.
- Give it a name you like, then click “Save.”
Here is the video tutorial on how to create a PowerPoint template to understand each step clearly.
Overall, creating simple PowerPoint templates is easy, but if you want to create stunning professional templates, that will require a lot of time and graphic design skills. That’s where pre-designed PowerPoint templates and themes come into play.
SlideUpLift has created an extensive collection of predesigned professional PowerPoint templates and PowerPoint themes. Our templates are designed by PowerPoint experts using the principle of vision science. The effective use of colors, shapes, and icons makes these templates perfect for building PowerPoint presentations. These pre designed templates are also available in Google Slides Themes. Check out the vast variety of PowerPoint templates and Google Slides Templates.
Few examples of PowerPoint Themes:
Source: Business Review Presentation by SlideUpLift
Source: Project Planning Presentation by SlideUpLift
Here is a Free PowerPoint Theme for you to try.
Source: Free COVID-19 PowerPoint Theme by SlideUpLift