When making presentations, you can save time and effort by simply copying and pasting a slide into PowerPoint. The duplicate slide option in PowerPoint is useful to eliminate the two-step copy-and-paste process. But it depends on the user how they want to use these features.
Sometimes you might like a slide you created and want the same for your other slides, but you don’t want to create it repeatedly. It is where the duplicate/copy and paste option comes in handy. We will guide you through how to copy and paste a slide in PowerPoint in this article.
How to Copy a Slide in PowerPoint On Windows?
There are multiple ways to copy a slide in PowerPoint on Windows:
- Duplicate Slide
- Copy and Paste
- Keyboard Shortcuts
Method 1: Using the Duplicate Slide Option in PowerPoint
To copy a slide in PowerPoint using the Duplicate Slide option, follow the steps below:
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint by double-clicking the file on your computer.
- Select the slide thumbnail that you wish to duplicate.
- Right-click on the slide, and you’ll see a pop-up menu.
- Go to the “Duplicate Slide” option.
- You’ll now see the duplicated slide right below the source slide.
- If you want the duplicated slide to appear anywhere else, you can easily move it by dragging it to the desired location.
- If you wish to duplicate multiple slides simultaneously, hold down the Ctrl key and select all the slides you want to replicate.
- Right-click on any one slide and select the “Duplicate Slides” option to duplicate slide in PowerPoint.
Method 2: Using Copy and Paste Option in PowerPoint
To duplicate slide in PowerPoint using copy and paste option, follow the steps below:
- Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- Select the slide you wish to copy.
- Right-click on the slide and click on the “Copy” option.
- Go to the slide after which you wish to paste the copied slide.
- Right-click on that slide and select the “Paste” button to paste the slide.
Method 3: Using Keyboard Shortcuts
To learn how to copy slide in PowerPoint using the Duplicate Slide option, follow the steps below:
- After opening your PowerPoint presentation, go to the slide that you want to duplicate.
- Use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+D to duplicate the slide below the source slide.
- You can move the duplicated slide wherever you wish.
- To copy and paste any slide, browse to the slide you wish to copy, and use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+C to copy the slide.
- Now go to the slide after which you want to paste the copied slide; use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+V to paste the slide.
READ MORE: How To Add A New Slide In PowerPoint
How Do You Copy a Slide In PowerPoint On Mac?
Below we have elaborated on how to duplicate a slide in PowerPoint on Mac:
- Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- In the “View” tab, click the “Normal” option in Presentation Views (if not already selected).
- You’ll see all your slide thumbnails in the left pane. Select the slide you wish to copy or duplicate.
- Right-click on that slide and select the “Duplicate Slide” option in the pop-up menu. You can use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+D to duplicate the slide too.
- If you want to duplicate multiple slides, follow the steps below:
- For multiple sequential slides, hold down the Shift key. Select the first slide of your section and then the last slide. Use the right-click and Duplicate or Ctrl+D to duplicate the selected slides.
- Hold down the Command key for multiple non-sequential slides and start selecting all the slides you wish to duplicate; right-click and select the Duplicate Slides option.
How to Duplicate a Slide In PowerPoint On the Web?
Below are the steps to duplicate a slide in PowerPoint on the Web:
- First, open your PowerPoint Web presentation.
- Click on the slide that you want to replicate.
- Right-click on it, and select the “Duplicate Slide” option.
- To duplicate multiple slides, press and hold the Ctrl button while you select the slides and repeat the same process.
Copying and Pasting the PowerPoint slides option eases your work and removes the unnecessary need to create the same slide repeatedly. But learning these shortcuts can take time to grasp if you are a first-time user. Therefore, we have given the step-by-step process above to help you out!
Lastly, for more such valuable blogs, remain updated on our website.
How To Copy An Entire Slide In PowerPoint?
Click on any one slide and press CTRL+A to copy the entire slide. Right-click on any slide and select Copy to create a copy of the entire slideshow.
How Do You Duplicate A Slide In PowerPoint Multiple Times?
Below are the commands you can follow to know how to duplicate a slide multiple times in PowerPoint:
- Select the slide that you want to duplicate.
- Press Ctrl/Cmd + D the number of times you want to duplicate the slide.
Can I Copy More Than One Slide At A Time?
Yes, you can copy more than one slide at a time. Select all the slides you want to copy by holding down the Ctrl/Cmd button and press Ctrl+C to copy the slides.
How To Change The Slide’s Place After Duplicating?
To change the slide’s place after duplicating, just click and drag it with your mouse to move it anywhere in your presentation.
Can I Copy A Slide In PowerPoint From One Presentation To Another?
Yes, you can easily do that. Just copy the slide using Ctrl+C. Open your new presentation where you want to paste the slide and use Ctrl+V to paste it.